Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Energetic Elevator

When I first began my yoga practice, I don't even think I had any strength in my core. I didn't even know what it meant when the teacher said something like, "Use your core to....". I had pretty much accepted that I would always have a little belly and thought I was just built that way. Thank God a dedicated yoga practice has proven me wrong!

Once I figured out how to align my body from the center (core) outward, my whole life changed! The way I do asanas (yoga poses), the way I walk, breathe and even talk. Living life from the core not only changes the way things happen physically, but also mentally and emotionally. We say in yoga that if we can find the outer alignment, the inner alignment all starts to fall into place. Sooooo true.

I recently took a class from this dude that came to town, Wade Morrisette. (Thanks to Yoga Shala for having him!!) It was 3 hours of strong flow, breath direction, dancing and a visualization that was as powerful for me as a triple espresso for coffee lovers. I believe it allowed me to move forward in my life from a stuck, stagnant, at-a-crossroads type of place to one of more freedom and understanding of what I REALLY TRULY need and want. Here it is, the energetic elevator:

(Read it first, and if it sounds cool, try it. If it doesn't sound cool, try it. You might be surprised.)

Sit quietly and comfortably.
Close your eyes and bring your attention to your third eye- between the brows.
Imagine an elevator at your third eye. It opens, you walk in, it closes, you press the down button.
The elevator travels down slowly passing through the throat, heart, ribs. It stops right behind your belly button- the third chakra- the place of the will, of your power, of your truth.
The elevator doors open. There you are.
Be still. Listen. Ask yourself at the very core of your being- Who are you? Innately. Take time to find the answer that calls out to you the strongest. Got it? Cool.
Now, question #2. What actions support you being you? How does that part of you manifest in the physical world? Got it? Cool.
Get back in the elevator. Press the UP button. Go up through the ribs, heart, throat, third eye. Doors open. Here you are. Open your eyes.

We're not done. Now for the follow through. So many ideas come and go without any commitment to them. So, let's commit. Email me. Call me. Call someone else. Anyone. Tell me, or them what you found. Who are you? Tell me/them in the form of, "I am _____. Today I am going to be ______ by doing _______."

Need examples? Ok. When I did this with Wade, I said, "I am healing. Today I am going to get my boyfriend flowers and a card to show him I care and love him and want to heal any wounds."

When I did this today I said, "I am love. Today I am going be loving by being soft-hearted at work especially when things go wrong or people are grumpy."

Get specific. Follow through. I have started my healing process and today I am love. What are you? Take the elevator down, find out. Oh yes, don't forget your ab work. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment