Thursday, December 2, 2010

Time and time again...

Have you ever had those moments when you said to yourself, "I wish I would have wrote that down!" Or, "I could write a freaking book about this!" All of those little life experiences that you just knew were full of bursts of insight that in no time you would forget like leaves in the fall wind. Today, I figured I would put a stop to the nonsense and actually do something about it rather than pushing forward with wordless regret and forgotten moments of channelling God.

Trust. Soften. Breathe.

Three words of great inspiration and direction as my life, once again, takes an exciting turn toward the unknown. Once again saying, "Ok God. I get it. I'm not supposed to be in the driver's seat-- Even though i REALLY REALLY like driving REALLY REALLY fast." At some point, the brakes always give out or the oil always needs to be changed.

This time, I'm choosing to give up the wheel and trade it for a good clean pair of spiritual ears and eyes. Ones that will soak up the sounds of the ocean waves and the stunning sunsets. (Not going to be hard living in Maui for a few months). Ones that will listen any try their damned hardest not to interrupt and see which door is opened wide enough to walk through.

Trust. Soften. Breathe.

Try it. Its not easy. No one ever said the righteous path was going to be. Trust. Trust the universe is providing opened and closed doors for you to recognize when you are ready to recognize them. This doesn't mean, "Everything happens for a reason." That's too easy. Cop-out if you ask me. It means open your eyes wide enough to see what's good for you and what is not!! Trust the right doors are open and the right doors are closed. Open eyes will help to distinguish that for you. Yoga helps to open the eyes.

Soften. I was walking Bo Jangles the other day with Patrick and we did a cool experiment. I realized that when its cold outside, we tense up as if we were conserving heat within the body by contracting our muscles. Does it work?? If someone proved me wrong, that would be great. But for the time being, I softened, asked P to soften, and took some time to notice if we were colder than we were when we were tense. We both said "No." We both also said that when we softened, we didn't hate the cold as much. Our temperature was the same, surroundings were the same, but much kinder and less stressed! Fantastic! Just by softening, our experience of the SAME THING changed completely. Softening has taught me how to love during a time where love seems nearly impossible.

Breathe. If you have ever spent any amount of time in a yoga class or have given birth (not that I have) or have had a near-death experience, I'm sure you have been coached on your breath-by someone else or by divine intervention. The breathe is like the icing on the cake! When we learn to live each moment breath by breath we learn how to travel with God, in the passenger seat with the map in our hands rather than the driver's seat with the foot on the pedal. The ride is sooo much more smooth, full of excitement. Try it. Trust me. :)

I'm excited. I will be checking in from time to time with moments of trusting, softening and breathing. With bursts of insight- And with the occasional pictures of stunning sunsets.

No comments:

Post a Comment