Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Is this even real??!!?

Oh man. Where do I even start?? It's been 3 days since my plane touched down in Maui, aka paradise (and YES, I can honestly say 'they' were right- this place is paradise.) I'm sitting on the lanai overlooking the ocean right now and feel like my fingertips can no longer smoothly skate over the keyboard. I'm speechless. The beauty of Mama Maui unfolds her expansive wings to you and wraps you up tight in her warm arms. The best part: I don't want her to let go. I feel like for once, I am home. Home within myself. So comfortable, calm and open. All the teachings I have learned over the past 25 years are making more sense. The experience is happening and finally putting something tangible to the words and thoughts. Not to say teachings haven't sunk in deeply before, but big picture is as clear as well, a beautiful day in Maui! The shakti is overwhelmingly present and the insights are countless.

Trust. Soften. Breathe. 

This mantra comes back to me once again. On day two, I read my last blog post. I couldn't even believe I wrote what I did. I asked, "Who is that girl??" Who was the girl that was afraid and nervous to come to this island because she was leaving her coffee shop and friends and family and apartment?? Trusting has been like second nature to me here. There is nothing to be worried about! It's like all my worries got washed away the second I jumped into the deep blue waves that crashed on the first beach we arrived on. Since then, everything has fallen into place. Everything. 

After jumping in the ocean, Maureen took me to a Kombucha bar in Haiku. LOVE, Love, LOVE! We pulled up and the first thing I noticed was a local dude with a street bike. Thank God! You mean I can actually ride here?? I don't need bike lanes?? Ahhhhh sigh of relief. We pulled some seats up to the bar and the juice started flowing... first a fruity mango taster, then a mint cacao, then a gingery splash. All three fresh, homemade kombuchas equally amazing. Again, thank you God! The stories go on and on- hour and a half rainbows, fresh fruits, being able to make out the voices in the wind (no joke- the first night I heard my name in the wind. Melissa heard it too. Freaked me out, but it makes sense). Everything perfectly as it should be- welcoming me with seemingly open arms. Trust. Then we know what comes next....

Soften. Mmmmmmm soften into her arms. (Her is the island, btw. You might have to come visit me to know what I mean.) It's a perfect balance between the masculine and feminine. The power is here- you can feel it. The male energy of strength, assertiveness and stability. But she also allows you to lay down under her sun and be comforted, soothed and held. We took a drive to Kihei- did some yoga in the park, soaked up good food and conversation and the largest rainbow I have ever seen. It lasted for an hour and a half and its brilliance was breathtaking. It was as if it was a portal into another dimension. We could see the beginning from the ocean to the end at the base of Haleakala. It beauty is never-ending here, and it has softened me deep down towards my bones.... 

Aaahhhhhhhh breathe. My breaths are deeper and longer. The features of my face are less tense. Lion's breath has not been a part of my breath cycle since I got off the plane. With the spaciousness of the island comes awareness of the space between the space. The details of the trees and the water and each other become more interesting. I am able to focus in on what it in front of me, and at the same time, what is surrounding me for miles and miles. Deep breaths only deepen the awareness, which leaves room for so much more expansion.

Needless to say, I am not nervous or scared anymore. I am happy, peaceful and at home. I AM trusting, softening into her and breathing as deeply as needed. "Is it even real?!?", I've asked myself from moment to moment.... Ohhhhh yes. Yes. Completely. 

Off to the beach to soak her up.... I'll be in touch soon. Sending love from here to where ever you are. Aloha!

PS. I'm jumping into an Anusara Immersion this weekend. Truly amazing. More to come about this experience soon.... 


1 comment:

  1. Hey lady! I'm so glad to hear you arrived safely and are enjoying yourself so far. I look forward to reading more about your adventures in MAUI!

    Love,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete