Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The life you've always DREAMED of....

In the past few days, I think the word most spoken to me is 'jealous'. People say, "OH MY GOOOOOD, I'm so jealous of youuuu!" (In a very excited voice). Or, "I'm jealous." (In a more somber tone, with serious eyes). Either way, I can't escape it. I understand I am moving to Maui, supposedly one of the most beautiful places on Mother Earth. Maybe I underestimate its beauty since I have never been there. We'll see in 3 more days. But I'm wondering about the jealousy... Just trying to figure it out. Let me paint two pictures, then we'll continue.

Picture #1: On the same day, at the same time (we can use my real-life situation- January 1st), every person on the planet decided to shoot for their wildest dream and make a positive change in their life. They changed their job because they hated it. Or ended their marriage because they were stuck in unhappiness. Or moved to Maui, for instance. :) Each person was stoked!! So excited the change finally happened!! Looking forward to how it plays out in their life. Faces are glowing!! Then, the aftermath- getting resettled. There is always that period of re-grounding after a major change, no matter how good or bad it feels. So now, we have a completely unsettled group of humans. Dang.

Picture #2: Every day, 100 people out of the entire human population (billions, right?) decided to make a major change for the betterment of their lives. They did what they had to do to make it happen, and that day they felt every emotion possible- excitement, sadness, curiosity, fear- all of them, just like the folks in Picture #1. They were still glowing, but ungrounded. The resettling process sets in for those 100 lucky humans. The good news: the rest of the group is there to offer support. The barista is still foaming milk. The yoga teacher still shows up to teach class. The garbage man still picks up the trash on the right day. Cool.

I tried to make the pictures as unbiased as possible. I didn't do a very good job, though. My point is this: We can't all move to Maui. The island would be too crowded. We can't all make these major changes all the time. We would be even crazier than we are as a whole. However, we CAN all set the wheels in motion and when the time comes, C'est la vie. Seize the freaking day! Do it! What are you waiting for?!!

People say they are jealous because I am going to Maui to spend some time in paradise. Is that your dream? Then come with me! Do you dream of a different heaven on Earth? One that would make you glow? Then seek it out, my friends. This heaven I speak of could also exist in your mind. All external circumstances aside, your journey is an internal one, seeking for a new understanding. Ahhh, you say it's not that easy, huh? Maybe.... maybe you are right. Maybe what you are meant to do right now is be just where you are. Maybe that is perfect for you right now. But the real question is, "Then what's next?" What's the next step toward your own enlightenment?  If you have the dream, you have something to work towards, otherwise you wouldn't be dreaming of it. I know a few people who are pretty content with their lives, yes. But I'm almost positive most of us have thoughts of living our dreams. So what's the hold up?

I had a thought of thinking I was mistaken. Maybe everyone's wheels are set in action and I just don't realize it. Hmmmmm. They could be if you thinking about it from a certain angle- that everyone truly is where they are supposed to be right now. Some suffering and contracting and others rejoicing and expanding. Possible, yes.

Buuuuut, I'm not convinced. I think a lot more sparks could be flying from us beings. Point #2 for the night: Seek the life you've always DREAMED of. I promise, it's not that hard. I'm doing it, if that gives you any sense of hope. And I'm not the only one, so there is some more hope for you. This time we have right now could be taken from us in a split second. A plane could crash into my bed as I lay here and type to you. God forbid that happens. But it's possible.

I have faith in us. Us as a collective human race. We can do it- make the changes for the better. Glow...  Brightly. It's scary, but trust me, it's so worth it. (And people compliment on your skin, which always is nice to hear.)

Xoxoxo, my loves. Good night. Sweet, sweet, fulfilling dreams to you.

2 comments:

  1. I think we are all in some kind of motion, at various rates... I think it would be wonderful if everyone decided to go for the dream all at the same time, that would spark some major change in the way the world works at the moment and could be really amazing... Going for your dreams isn't always as direct as moving to a new city, although sometimes it is and thats beautiful... Sometimes going for your dreams takes much more time, along with dedication and persistence towards the goal... ((hmm kinda like the path towards enlightenment))... with that said, many people could be going for their dreams but not necessarily give up their barista job or yoga class ;) so, we all win!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, I really enjoyed this post and the perspectives you explored. Best wishes to you in the new year and your new locale. :]

    ReplyDelete